Hi all, We want to import attachments in SQL Server DB to Appian KC and sho

Hi all,
We want to import attachments in SQL Server DB to Appian KC and show them under "Records".

The datatype used in the SQL table for attachments is "image" which is currently deprecated.

We tried casting/converting to base64binary but it didn't work.

Please let us know how can we import these attachments to Appian.

OriginalPostID-167878

OriginalPostID-167878

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Well I learned something new today. I have never heard of an image type in SQL server. You want the image do display as the thumbnail in the record listing, correct?

Since the record listing only accepts documents and users for the thumbnail, I don't this will be possible as is.

If you really want to have these images in the thumbnail, you could use a process to convert them to documents and store them in the system and store the document ID in that table or a join table.

If you're looking to get the image into a record dashboard, then you may be able to work out some trick to get the actual bytes to display in the browser. You can read more on that here. ( en.wikipedia.org/.../Data_URI_scheme ) I suspect Appian will scrub the image source field, but maybe it's possible to sneak something through. Otherwise I think you'll need to convert these bytes into documents.
  • Well I learned something new today. I have never heard of an image type in SQL server. You want the image do display as the thumbnail in the record listing, correct?

Since the record listing only accepts documents and users for the thumbnail, I don't this will be possible as is.

If you really want to have these images in the thumbnail, you could use a process to convert them to documents and store them in the system and store the document ID in that table or a join table.

If you're looking to get the image into a record dashboard, then you may be able to work out some trick to get the actual bytes to display in the browser. You can read more on that here. ( en.wikipedia.org/.../Data_URI_scheme ) I suspect Appian will scrub the image source field, but maybe it's possible to sneak something through. Otherwise I think you'll need to convert these bytes into documents.
Children
No Data