When creating a record type, I need to create a Summary view (or any other view)

When creating a record type, I need to create a Summary view (or any other view). When defining the interface, I want to pass the entire object to the interface rule input. For instance, if I have a Person entity, I could access that person's name doing rf!name. Instead of passing all of the paramters one by one, could I pass the Person entity itself and use it on my interface?

OriginalPostID-183659

OriginalPostID-183659

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @sikhivahans passing just the id and later using queryentity makes sense for maintenance. But, my concern is about the additional DB call. So, with this approach when let's say cdt changed you only have to update the sail rule(s). With other approach of passing each parameter with rf! then and when cdt changes you have to update record and SAIL but, no additional db call each time the record is opened.

Which approach is the best practice?
  • @sikhivahans passing just the id and later using queryentity makes sense for maintenance. But, my concern is about the additional DB call. So, with this approach when let's say cdt changed you only have to update the sail rule(s). With other approach of passing each parameter with rf! then and when cdt changes you have to update record and SAIL but, no additional db call each time the record is opened.

Which approach is the best practice?
Children
No Data