Hi all, we are in middle of planning for complete moving data from apps to

Hi all,
we are in middle of planning for complete moving data from apps to tempo interface.
We had a several discussions of what is appian best practise for doing that.
Now wee have several question about records. On the system customer wants to keep all data permanently , so we suggest to do some king of archiving or saving necessary data in SQL database and displaying those data by using tempo report and tempo records in same manner as portal reports and process instance dashboard.
So my question is it possible to set security on record data per instance or entry level in same manner as process instance security? And if it's possible how can we do it?
And on the other hand how can we display a html data by using sail?
BR,Natasa

OriginalPostID-191793

OriginalPostID-191793

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @csteward Hi, as far as I know I have come to know that performance issues arise when following approaches were chosen:

1. One group per one record - https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.1/Record_Level_Security_for_Entity_Backed_Records_Best_Practice.html. This violates the rule '<100 groups per person'. Further you stated that 'I tested 9,000 groups and the user could not even log in'. This is not a good practice definitely and off-course this leads to performance degrade as well.

2. use the unique identifier (ID) field in the default filter "Field" setting, "IN" operator, and in the Value field return a list of all ID values where the loggedinuser has participated at any role. Off-course, as the list of records in which the user has participated increases, the performance goes down.

So finally I would like to ask you following questions and it would be grateful if you can answer the following questions:
    1. As we have seen that performance degrade and best practice violation are the disadvantages of above discussed approaches, how did you overcome the disadvantages (in terms of performance and best practice but not in terms of flexibility) by choosing the Service Backed Records?
    2. There are few features which we are actually desiring for, such as access record fields (rf!) within the Value, AND/OR among the default filters. I am interested in knowing from your perspective, if these features can resolve performance issues or best practice violations as discussed above.
  • @csteward Hi, as far as I know I have come to know that performance issues arise when following approaches were chosen:

1. One group per one record - https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.1/Record_Level_Security_for_Entity_Backed_Records_Best_Practice.html. This violates the rule '<100 groups per person'. Further you stated that 'I tested 9,000 groups and the user could not even log in'. This is not a good practice definitely and off-course this leads to performance degrade as well.

2. use the unique identifier (ID) field in the default filter "Field" setting, "IN" operator, and in the Value field return a list of all ID values where the loggedinuser has participated at any role. Off-course, as the list of records in which the user has participated increases, the performance goes down.

So finally I would like to ask you following questions and it would be grateful if you can answer the following questions:
    1. As we have seen that performance degrade and best practice violation are the disadvantages of above discussed approaches, how did you overcome the disadvantages (in terms of performance and best practice but not in terms of flexibility) by choosing the Service Backed Records?
    2. There are few features which we are actually desiring for, such as access record fields (rf!) within the Value, AND/OR among the default filters. I am interested in knowing from your perspective, if these features can resolve performance issues or best practice violations as discussed above.
Children
No Data