I have record A with some filters and record B without any filter conditions. Wh

I have record A with some filters and record B without any filter conditions. When performing an action record A with restriction, after performing the related action it fails the filter condition and appian default message comes stating record is deleted / insufficient privilege.

So after such action, I want to route to the record B after such action instead of appian default error. Any suggestions on how it can be achieved.

OriginalPostID-194141

OriginalPostID-194141

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It is Appian's default behavior to take user back to the origin when you perform any action. So, when you are in Record and initiated an action from the record, after completion of the action, user will be redirected back to the action of that record.

If you are performing deletion then after completion of the action, the original record might not be present. Hence you get the error.

On thing you can do is have a User Input Task which contains the link of Record B. Place this task before the process ends in the process model. That way, you can force user to click on that link in order to proceed. Also, add a timer exception on that User Input Task so that unnecessary accumulation of processes can be avoided.

I hope this helps.
  • It is Appian's default behavior to take user back to the origin when you perform any action. So, when you are in Record and initiated an action from the record, after completion of the action, user will be redirected back to the action of that record.

If you are performing deletion then after completion of the action, the original record might not be present. Hence you get the error.

On thing you can do is have a User Input Task which contains the link of Record B. Place this task before the process ends in the process model. That way, you can force user to click on that link in order to proceed. Also, add a timer exception on that User Input Task so that unnecessary accumulation of processes can be avoided.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data