Hi, How can I refresh the Record Summary View when I click on Related

Certified Senior Developer
Hi,

How can I refresh the Record Summary View when I click on Related Action Shortcut ?

I have the following requirement - I am displaying the active tasks for a record in the record summary view.
I have a related action shortcut on Summary view which reassigns the active tasks to loggedinuser.
Reassign is working fine, but since on click of related action shortcut the Summary View does not get refreshed, it displays old task details. Is there any way I could refresh the Summary View on click of Related action shortcut.

Thanks in advance.

OriginalPostID-195709

OriginalPostID-195709

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @vikrantb I see that you have moved from the 'Related Action' approach to triggering of process in the interface itself. If you have moved to the later just because of the reason that data isn't refreshed, it might not be correct. Just to let you know both the approaches possess the capability to make the SAIL interface surface the latest data.

Re the problem you are experiencing currently, would you be able to attach the code snippet (at-least at a high level) of the interface so that we can actually try to see if any problem exists?

Here goes my views about the current issue. You won't see this problem, provided if you perform following steps post triggering of process:

1. Maintain the activity chaining throughout the process, that is, until the Reassign Task is completed.
    2. Refresh the analytics datasubset as and when the triggering of process is completed. That is, in the 'saveInto' of Button Component and next to the process triggering step, make a fresh query to analytics and push the resultant data into the analytics datasubset. Or you may also include this operation in with() as well.

As long as the above two steps are performed, there won't be any issues as per my knowledge.
  • @vikrantb I see that you have moved from the 'Related Action' approach to triggering of process in the interface itself. If you have moved to the later just because of the reason that data isn't refreshed, it might not be correct. Just to let you know both the approaches possess the capability to make the SAIL interface surface the latest data.

Re the problem you are experiencing currently, would you be able to attach the code snippet (at-least at a high level) of the interface so that we can actually try to see if any problem exists?

Here goes my views about the current issue. You won't see this problem, provided if you perform following steps post triggering of process:

1. Maintain the activity chaining throughout the process, that is, until the Reassign Task is completed.
    2. Refresh the analytics datasubset as and when the triggering of process is completed. That is, in the 'saveInto' of Button Component and next to the process triggering step, make a fresh query to analytics and push the resultant data into the analytics datasubset. Or you may also include this operation in with() as well.

As long as the above two steps are performed, there won't be any issues as per my knowledge.
Children
No Data