I have a record type that's based on a data type which has a nested CDT as o

I have a record type that's based on a data type which has a nested CDT as one of its fields, and I'd like to allow users to search this record list based on a field of the nested CDT. For example, let's say that my entity-backed record type is based on a CDT called Car, and one of the fields of the Car CDT is "owner", which is of the type Person. The CDT Person has a text field called "name".

How can I configure the list view item for the Car record type so that the user is able to use the search box to search based on the field rf!owner.name? Is this even possible?

OriginalPostID-206205

OriginalPostID-206205

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Yes it is possible, if you're willing to be creative. I was told Appian unofficially support my working solution below which enables searching a Records View by CDT fields. Technically Appian only allows searching for Records based on Fields that are part of the Title. But as you see below by including a 'if(
    false,fn!concat(rf!request.description,...', it always evaluates to False so don't display in the Records View yet the Records are searchable by the CDT fields (ex. request.decscription) as the If(false) function is part of the Title field.

The end result is the user can search the Records view by CDT fields as desired. Problem solved?

= a!listViewItem(
    title: fn!concat("Contract Request Record: " & rf!request.legalComments,

if(
    false,
    fn!concat(
    rf!request.description,
    rf!request.requestId,
    rf!request.vendor
    ),
    ""
    )

),
    details: if(rf!request.requestId="",{},"Request ID: " & rf!request.requestId & char(10)) &
    "Vendor: " & rf!request.vendor & char(10) & "Value: " & dollar(rf!request.cost)

& char(10) & "Requestor: " & rule!APN_displayUser(rf!request.requestor)
    & char(10) & "Request Status: " & rf!request.requestStatus,
    image:cons!CM_contractRequestListImage
    )
  • Yes it is possible, if you're willing to be creative. I was told Appian unofficially support my working solution below which enables searching a Records View by CDT fields. Technically Appian only allows searching for Records based on Fields that are part of the Title. But as you see below by including a 'if(
    false,fn!concat(rf!request.description,...', it always evaluates to False so don't display in the Records View yet the Records are searchable by the CDT fields (ex. request.decscription) as the If(false) function is part of the Title field.

The end result is the user can search the Records view by CDT fields as desired. Problem solved?

= a!listViewItem(
    title: fn!concat("Contract Request Record: " & rf!request.legalComments,

if(
    false,
    fn!concat(
    rf!request.description,
    rf!request.requestId,
    rf!request.vendor
    ),
    ""
    )

),
    details: if(rf!request.requestId="",{},"Request ID: " & rf!request.requestId & char(10)) &
    "Vendor: " & rf!request.vendor & char(10) & "Value: " & dollar(rf!request.cost)

& char(10) & "Requestor: " & rule!APN_displayUser(rf!request.requestor)
    & char(10) & "Request Status: " & rf!request.requestStatus,
    image:cons!CM_contractRequestListImage
    )
Children
No Data