Hi.. Is there a way to start a process model using a link/button from a grid lay

Hi.. Is there a way to start a process model using a link/button from a grid layout which is added to the record dashboard.

OriginalPostID-207755

OriginalPostID-207755

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @sharmilan I should say that it doesn't work similar to a Related Action as fn!startprocesswrite() launches a process in background and what you can only do is, you can provide some contextual inputs to the process model at the time of triggering the process. Further you can't see any screen that pops up as in case of a Related Action as specified by @shyamb above. We should also bear in mind that fn!startprocesswrite() doesn't return you any output. You should capture the desired data on your own after the initiation of the process, as the fn!startprocesswrite() returns you nothing.

Further I should also say that, as per my experience, the purpose of the fn!startprocesswrite() is not exactly same as, or similar to Related Action. When you think that a Related Action can do the job, please go ahead with it. A few examples are as follows:
    1. Exporting the data present in the Report or a grid present in Record Dashboard.
    2. Managing the Task Properties(such as raise/lower priority, Reassigning the Tasks etc) of Tasks of the particular Record or in a Task Report.

If we observe the above set of actions, we can observe that they are not actually completely associated with the Record and at the same time we can't have them as a Related Action as well. What I would like to say is, there is some (or lot in many cases) distinction between Related Action and usage of fn!startprocesswrite() and we should give some thoughts prior to using them.

Please feel free to let us know in-case if you have any follow-up questions.
  • @sharmilan I should say that it doesn't work similar to a Related Action as fn!startprocesswrite() launches a process in background and what you can only do is, you can provide some contextual inputs to the process model at the time of triggering the process. Further you can't see any screen that pops up as in case of a Related Action as specified by @shyamb above. We should also bear in mind that fn!startprocesswrite() doesn't return you any output. You should capture the desired data on your own after the initiation of the process, as the fn!startprocesswrite() returns you nothing.

Further I should also say that, as per my experience, the purpose of the fn!startprocesswrite() is not exactly same as, or similar to Related Action. When you think that a Related Action can do the job, please go ahead with it. A few examples are as follows:
    1. Exporting the data present in the Report or a grid present in Record Dashboard.
    2. Managing the Task Properties(such as raise/lower priority, Reassigning the Tasks etc) of Tasks of the particular Record or in a Task Report.

If we observe the above set of actions, we can observe that they are not actually completely associated with the Record and at the same time we can't have them as a Related Action as well. What I would like to say is, there is some (or lot in many cases) distinction between Related Action and usage of fn!startprocesswrite() and we should give some thoughts prior to using them.

Please feel free to let us know in-case if you have any follow-up questions.
Children
No Data