Search behaviour within Records for integers

Hi Guys,
Is it correct that if a field referenced in the title of a record listview is of type integer then pattern match on search doesnt work?

eg if there is a field which contains 123456 then any partial searches of 123 or 45 etc will not work but a full search of 123456 works.

Before I go to the effort of changing/ casting the fields in question (as the datasets are large so i'd rather not have any unnecessary overhead), is that out of the box behaviour or a bug that we're aware of?

Cheers,
Chris

OriginalPostID-236249

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Adjustments in the grid display won't have any affect since the user facets re-query the data from the source.

I suggest casting from integer to text in the record's underlying DB view. You can then use "includes" as the operator in the a!queryFilter defining the User Filter, assuming you are either (1) using an expression-backed entity querying the view or (2) using an entity-backed entity on v 16.1+ .
  • Adjustments in the grid display won't have any affect since the user facets re-query the data from the source.

I suggest casting from integer to text in the record's underlying DB view. You can then use "includes" as the operator in the a!queryFilter defining the User Filter, assuming you are either (1) using an expression-backed entity querying the view or (2) using an entity-backed entity on v 16.1+ .
Children
No Data