Search behaviour within Records for integers

Hi Guys,
Is it correct that if a field referenced in the title of a record listview is of type integer then pattern match on search doesnt work?

eg if there is a field which contains 123456 then any partial searches of 123 or 45 etc will not work but a full search of 123456 works.

Before I go to the effort of changing/ casting the fields in question (as the datasets are large so i'd rather not have any unnecessary overhead), is that out of the box behaviour or a bug that we're aware of?

Cheers,
Chris

OriginalPostID-236249

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Chris, I have done the changes by using a different CDT(same structure and different datatype as we are retrieving the the data from multiple tables and writing view is not an option for me) just for the records and retrieve the data. It worked.
    I was just curious to know if there is any other way to make this work without changing the datatype or creating the new CDT for records.
    I tried using conversion functions in the list view but of no luck.

Thanks Jamie and Chris for your clarification.
  • Chris, I have done the changes by using a different CDT(same structure and different datatype as we are retrieving the the data from multiple tables and writing view is not an option for me) just for the records and retrieve the data. It worked.
    I was just curious to know if there is any other way to make this work without changing the datatype or creating the new CDT for records.
    I tried using conversion functions in the list view but of no luck.

Thanks Jamie and Chris for your clarification.
Children
No Data