Security

Hi,
I create a record with a grid.
In my grid there is a list of requests, where I have the requestor and the manager.
When a user go to the record, i woul like him to see the requests, where he is a requestor or a manager.
Is there a way to do it?
Thanks in advance

OriginalPostID-247196

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Since you cannot utilize OR on Default Filters, and cannot access rf! data within the value portion of the filter configuration, the only way we've found to implement this type of security is by switching to Service Backed Records as mentioned above, with data coming from a!queryEntity(). There was an enhancement request submitted in 2015 (AN-60876) to expand Default Filters to be expressionable and dynamic, I'm not sure if there was any traction on that - but this has been a pain point for us as well - although, Service backed records are satisfying our needs currently.
  • Since you cannot utilize OR on Default Filters, and cannot access rf! data within the value portion of the filter configuration, the only way we've found to implement this type of security is by switching to Service Backed Records as mentioned above, with data coming from a!queryEntity(). There was an enhancement request submitted in 2015 (AN-60876) to expand Default Filters to be expressionable and dynamic, I'm not sure if there was any traction on that - but this has been a pain point for us as well - although, Service backed records are satisfying our needs currently.
Children
No Data