Searching Records in List View

I'm using the Records search function that comes out of the box in Tempo. I understand that this search function only searches the title of the record. I have 2 fields I need to search by, so I've put them both in the list view item title. However, the search function is still only searching part of the title.

In the below example, the search function is works for rf!title but not for rf!approver. Any idea why?

=a!listViewItem(
title: rf!title&" || Approved By: "&rf!approver
timestamp: rf!submitDateTime,
details: "Location: "&rf!location
)

OriginalPostID-250219

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @rizviz I believe it may not work as intended as long as the value is not a part of the source. That is, the search may not be appropriate even if you format the data on the fly.

What I would like to suggest is to make the formatted data a part of the source of the Record type if you would like to go ahead with the List View Item. One of the ways I am aware of is to convert the implementation into Expression Backed Record and use a formatted CDT that holds the original data and formatted data on the need basis and this formatted CDT should serve as the Data Type of the Record Type. This won't need many changes in your existing implementation. The suggestion made by @christineh should take precedence over what I have said as it's even much more simple and available OOTB.
  • @rizviz I believe it may not work as intended as long as the value is not a part of the source. That is, the search may not be appropriate even if you format the data on the fly.

What I would like to suggest is to make the formatted data a part of the source of the Record type if you would like to go ahead with the List View Item. One of the ways I am aware of is to convert the implementation into Expression Backed Record and use a formatted CDT that holds the original data and formatted data on the need basis and this formatted CDT should serve as the Data Type of the Record Type. This won't need many changes in your existing implementation. The suggestion made by @christineh should take precedence over what I have said as it's even much more simple and available OOTB.
Children
No Data