download records grid as excel

Hi All,
our use asked us to download the shown records grid as excel
Is there a method to add a download link or something like that ?

Thanks
Elia

OriginalPostID-254197

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @eliav To the best of my knowledge, following are some of the ways of accomplishing your requirement:
    1. Download data subset plugin as mentioned above
    2. Web API
    3. Triggering a process that creates a task for the user to download the excel or send the excel as an attachment to the user's email address.

Please bear in mind that the first two approaches fail miserably if the volume of data is large but provides the user with flexibility of downloading the report in the same interface whereas the third one would be able to bear the large volumes(off-course, to some extent) but misses the flexibility of having the file downloaded on the interface itself.

I would say that you need to think about the amount of data you are trying to export and the level of flexibility the Business is convenient with and then choose an approach. I would personally recommend the third one as I see no constraints unlike we see in first and second though we miss the download option.
  • @eliav To the best of my knowledge, following are some of the ways of accomplishing your requirement:
    1. Download data subset plugin as mentioned above
    2. Web API
    3. Triggering a process that creates a task for the user to download the excel or send the excel as an attachment to the user's email address.

Please bear in mind that the first two approaches fail miserably if the volume of data is large but provides the user with flexibility of downloading the report in the same interface whereas the third one would be able to bear the large volumes(off-course, to some extent) but misses the flexibility of having the file downloaded on the interface itself.

I would say that you need to think about the amount of data you are trying to export and the level of flexibility the Business is convenient with and then choose an approach. I would personally recommend the third one as I see no constraints unlike we see in first and second though we miss the download option.
Children
No Data