download records grid as excel

Hi All,
our use asked us to download the shown records grid as excel
Is there a method to add a download link or something like that ?

Thanks
Elia

OriginalPostID-254197

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @eliav I would suggest having the record list in a Report in the form of a Paging Grid and then have the download link under the Paging Grid component. Alternatively, you can also build an Action which shows a grid and export the same to Excel. Personally, I wouldn't recommend the Related Action as the Export to Excel lacks context whereas a Related Action, on the contrary, becomes meaningful when it has a context. And configuring the Record List to have a link that exports the data isn't possible.
  • @eliav I would suggest having the record list in a Report in the form of a Paging Grid and then have the download link under the Paging Grid component. Alternatively, you can also build an Action which shows a grid and export the same to Excel. Personally, I wouldn't recommend the Related Action as the Export to Excel lacks context whereas a Related Action, on the contrary, becomes meaningful when it has a context. And configuring the Record List to have a link that exports the data isn't possible.
Children
No Data