Record extraction to PDF

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to generate a PDF from a record, for example, while displaying a record then using a related action a pdf could be generated which later can be printed.

Thank you.

OriginalPostID-257250

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We have the same requirement. The only way I've found that could possibly work would be to run a headless browser (i.e. PhantomJS) to manage the authentication and navigate to the record. From there you can either directly print to PDF using PhantomJS or retrieve the HTML and use another library to manage the conversion to PDF. Headless browser authentication is required because most HTML to PDF conversion libraries available only support HTTP Authentication. Unfortunately Appian does not support HTTP Authentication for Records at the moment.
  • We have the same requirement. The only way I've found that could possibly work would be to run a headless browser (i.e. PhantomJS) to manage the authentication and navigate to the record. From there you can either directly print to PDF using PhantomJS or retrieve the HTML and use another library to manage the conversion to PDF. Headless browser authentication is required because most HTML to PDF conversion libraries available only support HTTP Authentication. Unfortunately Appian does not support HTTP Authentication for Records at the moment.
Children
No Data