Navigation of Record Type to Interface

I have a grid which is populated on the user selection which gives out alist of records and when the record is selected it navigates to the record type and in order to navigate back to the Interface with pre selected values by the user.NB. It is the Process start page which means the PM is not triggered until i hit the Action or Related actions.
Is it Possible?

OriginalPostID-262668

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @rohann I just tested that scenario and I don't believe it will work as straightforwardly as you would like. Instead, you can try one of the following:

1. Make the recordLink use a!safeLink() so that the record opens up in a new tab.

2. If #1 isn't a viable solution, try making the recordLink a dynamicLink that will capture an identifier of some sort to populate a separate section on your process form with a view of the record you want the user to navigate to.

3.Create a pseudo wizard-form where the user clicks on a link, which enables a "Next" button with the next page showing them the summary of the record.

Again, I don't what all the user needs to see from the record, but hopefully one of these solutions is what you're looking for.
  • @rohann I just tested that scenario and I don't believe it will work as straightforwardly as you would like. Instead, you can try one of the following:

1. Make the recordLink use a!safeLink() so that the record opens up in a new tab.

2. If #1 isn't a viable solution, try making the recordLink a dynamicLink that will capture an identifier of some sort to populate a separate section on your process form with a view of the record you want the user to navigate to.

3.Create a pseudo wizard-form where the user clicks on a link, which enables a "Next" button with the next page showing them the summary of the record.

Again, I don't what all the user needs to see from the record, but hopefully one of these solutions is what you're looking for.
Children
No Data