Handling Exceptions

Im playing with the Write to Data Store Entity Smart Server and have had no problems in getting it to work.

However I'd like to ask how exceptions are handled ? Lets say for instance that when I attempt to write to the DB, that the DB is offline.

How are retries handled ? I have found the following page : 

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/17.1/Automatic_Error-Handling.html

Which seems to suggest it's all handled internally, but if that is the case It doesn't really tell me what happens to the process once max retries is hit ? During the retry period is there any notification sent to an admin, or is it simple held in the 'Alerts'.  

If retires are only logged at DEBUG level - it's not going to be possible to write an external process that starts a notification mail - as by default we're not logging at DEBUG.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    One other thing you might want to consider is the saved values output. This works slightly better than the true / false by giving you the data from the database so that you can also compare against an expected value in the asynch process waiting to see if database write happened.

This would allow you to log database writes that technically happened, but not as they should, where the node completes but the data is somehow wrong.
    Certified Lead Developer
    One other thing you might want to consider is the saved values output. This works slightly better than the true / false by giving you the data from the database so that you can also compare against an expected value in the asynch process waiting to see if database write happened.

This would allow you to log database writes that technically happened, but not as they should, where the node completes but the data is somehow wrong.
Children
No Data