Fitnesse For Appian

Hi All,

Please can anybody help me with below query .

Is it possible to import external file which contains test data and use that test data in Fitnesse scripts ? For Ex :- In future if any of the data gets changed it will be easy to change in the test data file instead of changing in the relevant scripts.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You would have to create a custom Fixture for Fitnesse in order to achieve this functionality. On the environment that Fitnesse is installed you can look up how to work with Fixtures in the Full Reference Guide. Depending on the format of the data you're attempting to import, creating a custom Fixture with Java may not be that complicated.
  • Hi bene,

It would be really helpful if you can you share any sample code .

Example :- So my requirement is say we have the test data ABC present in Excel with Column SUB_ADVISER..

In the below code I need to use excel data[column name] instead hardcoding it in the test script directly.

Assuming I am executing Testcasename1 , during run time fixture should load excel and map the current test case to the column 1 in the excel and fetch the test data accordingly.

Current Scenario :- |check |get field |Sub-Adviser |value| ABC|

Expected :-

|check |get field |Sub-Adviser |value| SUB_ADVISER|

Thanks in advance .

• Hi bene,

It would be really helpful if you can you share any sample code .

Example :- So my requirement is say we have the test data ABC present in Excel with Column SUB_ADVISER..

In the below code I need to use excel data[column name] instead hardcoding it in the test script directly.

Assuming I am executing Testcasename1 , during run time fixture should load excel and map the current test case to the column 1 in the excel and fetch the test data accordingly.

Current Scenario :- |check |get field |Sub-Adviser |value| ABC|

Expected :-

|check |get field |Sub-Adviser |value| SUB_ADVISER|

Thanks in advance .

Children
    A Score Level 3
    in reply to Anu
    Unfortunately, I have not encountered this scenario with Fitnesse before. If I get time I could attempt to write up some example fixture code but it would require some external library to import the Excel file into Java (like Apache POI for example). I thought I'd respond in case you were waiting on some code from me. If I get the chance to look into it this week I'll try to respond.