directly download file from DB

Hi All,
I need to download from DB a PDF tha is stores as Base64 format
I would like to do that directly in SAIL to allow to our users to dwnload directly from the interface this document
How can I do that , is there a method ?
Thanks
Elia

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    do you really want to store the documents into the DB and retrieve the same from DB, because it takes a lot of time to store as well as to retrieve the document and this impact the performance too, so as you are saying that you want to retrieve the Document from DB on SAIL, so will your customer really be happy if your UI takes huge time to load, because i don't think so. However if you want the same the you can create a Custom Plugin to do that. or you can take the help of SmartService mention by
    Certified Lead Developer
    do you really want to store the documents into the DB and retrieve the same from DB, because it takes a lot of time to store as well as to retrieve the document and this impact the performance too, so as you are saying that you want to retrieve the Document from DB on SAIL, so will your customer really be happy if your UI takes huge time to load, because i don't think so. However if you want the same the you can create a Custom Plugin to do that. or you can take the help of SmartService mention by
Children
  • I don't think storing documents in the database will be longer than with Appian documents. Appian does similar work saving the document somewhere.

The difference will be in additional time for encoding/decoding to/from base64 and bigger encoded size.

Also, using document with link fits Appian best practice, so I second using document and SAIL link to get document content.