Accessing Portal tasks from Sites

Hi,

We have a Portal based application running on our production environment for a while. We are planning to have another Sites based application on the same environment. Both the applications are going to co-exist on production environment for some time before we sunset the Portal based application. This means a user can potentially have both Portal and SAIL based tasks at the same time.

On Sites, we have a Home page with a "My tasks" task report which lists all tasks assigned to user. This task report lists both Portal and SAIL tasks. Now the issue is, when a user clicks on Portal task from Sites, an error screen that says "The form either does not exist or is not enabled for Tempo or mobile." pops up.

To resolve this, we are happy to implement either of the following alternatives -
1. Hide Portal tasks on Sites
2. Show Portal tasks on Sites but redirect to Portal task when user clicks on task

1. Has anyone come across this kind of scenario?
  2. Any function, property or plugin that differentiates Portal and SAIL based tasks?
  3. I looked at the browser's network capture when accessing the task. I came across a URL which has a property called "isSAILTask" whose value is false for Portal tasks(mysite.appiancloud.com/.../attributes). Is there any way we can leverage this?

Please note that when you click a portal task from Tempo, it automatically redirects to portal task. But this behaviour doesn't exist on Sites.

Thanks
Raj

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible