Fitnesse For Appian

Hi All,

I have a task with a deadline .  I just want to verify if the deadline is correct or not . I cannot use below method because my deadline is not fixed(its logic is duedate+1) so everyday when we assign a task it will have new deadline .

| verify task | TASK_NAME or TASK_NAME[INDEX] | has a deadline of | DEADLINE_TEXT |

How do I verify such tasks whose deadline is not fixed  ? Any suggestions ? Please help.

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hey, sorry I did not get the chance to respond earlier. If you have Fitnesse running on a server or locally you can look at the 'Full Reference Guide' to look up the Fixture gallery that should give you an idea of how Fixtures work. There is also a 'FixtureCode' section that will give you an idea on how to write the code behind a Fixture (in Java).

After posting I actually realized there may be a way to do this without a fixture and instead using the Appian Web API implementation. I tried setting one up quickly today but did not have a lot of time to get it to work properly so I might try again tomorrow. The idea being that you could query a record that would show information from the process (like pv!dueDate, if it's a variable) within the Web API you create and use the Fitnesse method:

| get web api | WEB_API_ENDPOINT | with username | USERNAME |

to get the information from the Web API.

Both methods would be somewhat complicated and have their pros and cons. Both methods would also require that your dueDate be set up as a variable.
  • Hey, sorry I did not get the chance to respond earlier. If you have Fitnesse running on a server or locally you can look at the 'Full Reference Guide' to look up the Fixture gallery that should give you an idea of how Fixtures work. There is also a 'FixtureCode' section that will give you an idea on how to write the code behind a Fixture (in Java).

After posting I actually realized there may be a way to do this without a fixture and instead using the Appian Web API implementation. I tried setting one up quickly today but did not have a lot of time to get it to work properly so I might try again tomorrow. The idea being that you could query a record that would show information from the process (like pv!dueDate, if it's a variable) within the Web API you create and use the Fitnesse method:

| get web api | WEB_API_ENDPOINT | with username | USERNAME |

to get the information from the Web API.

Both methods would be somewhat complicated and have their pros and cons. Both methods would also require that your dueDate be set up as a variable.
Children
No Data