Fitnesse For Appian

Hi All,

I have a task with a deadline .  I just want to verify if the deadline is correct or not . I cannot use below method because my deadline is not fixed(its logic is duedate+1) so everyday when we assign a task it will have new deadline .

| verify task | TASK_NAME or TASK_NAME[INDEX] | has a deadline of | DEADLINE_TEXT |

How do I verify such tasks whose deadline is not fixed  ? Any suggestions ? Please help.

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Anu,

Could you elaborate a little bit more about how this deadline is set?  Is it a fixed number of days from when the task is assigned or is it generated by an expression?  Also, are the tasks that you are trying to test generated earlier in your FitNesse script, or are they tasks that were already generated by other users?

Checking deadlines in Appian with FitNesse is relative, so if a task is assigned today with a deadline of two days from now, the correct syntax would be

| verify task | TASK_NAME or TASK_NAME[INDEX] | has deadline of | 2d |

rather than

| verify task | TASK_NAME or TASK_NAME[INDEX] | has deadline of | 4/27/2017 |

If your deadline is always a fixed number of days from when the task is assigned, you should be able to use the above code without the need dynamically generate a due date.

If your deadline is based on an expression. or you are trying to check existing tasks not generated during your FitNesse test, you'll need a different approach such as the one Bene suggested above.

Thanks,

Lucas

• Hi lucas,

This is how deadline is set in our system . Deadline is based on expression its not fixed .

=todatetime(pv!SPO_certificationPackage.dueDate) +1

Suppose I am generating task today i.e 4/26/2017  and giving due date as 5/26/2017 then my deadline would be duedate+1 i.e 5/27/2017 which is equal to 31 days .

Also, I am not checking task which are already generated . This is part of regression so everyday m generating a new task.

Please let me if any solution available for this . Thanks in advance .

Appian Employee
    in reply to Anu
    So you are populating the due date using Fitnesse already, correct? You can replicate the calculation in Fitnesse and save that as a variable that you can use down the line for deadline verification.
Reply Children
No Data