Fitnesse Question - Issues with logging in via a custom (siteminder) login page.

Hi,

I am having difficulty logging in via my organization's custom login page.  Basically, Fitnesse does not recognize the user name and password fields.  Below is a GUI snippet of the fields that I need to get Fitnesse to work with.  Notice these fields have no labels, which I think is part of the problem:

I am using the following commands to open the page,which works fine and I am able to click on the Login In link. However, the User ID and Password is not functioning.  

|open | http://host/suite/tempo/ |

|populate field | USER ID | with | test |

|click on link | LOG IN |

In addition, I tried so many combinations and other commands, such as the following:

| populate | TEXT | field | [0] | with | test |

Is there anything else that can be done, so these fields are recognizable? This is a showstopper for us, especially in our QA \ UAT environment  These fields are unique on the page and have associated html id's, when you view it via Firebug or with IE developer tools. So this pages is very friendly with automation tools.  Is there a way I can pass these id's using the populate command?

Thanks,

Ric

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data