Process Model Timer/Reminders Testing

Hi All ,

As a tester , how do I test process model timers/schedulers and reminders . Requirement is to verify system sends an automated email to the user on specific date and time .

Also , system should generate reminders after 7 days of original email sent .

Can anybody provide suggestions please ? What should be the approach ?

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Anu,

Your exact method is going to vary based on how your process model is set up, but here is an approach I've used for a similar situation in the past.

1) Add a new gateway into the process model (after the date on which the reminders are sent has been set) that checks a constant to see if this process model is being run for debugging.

2) Add a user input task (assigned to the tester) in the debugging flow.  Within this node, create a form that allows the tester to input a new reminder date that will update the process variable.

3) Process continues as normal with new reminder date for testing purposes.

This should allow you to set new dates and enable you to test the process much more quickly, while giving you the ability to turn off the debugging flow by updating the constant after testing.  Be sure to be cognizant of not just the date that the reminder is supposed to send, but also the time it is set to send.  If you update the date to send the reminder to today but the time for the reminder to be sent has already passed, the system will not send the reminder.

The attached diagram should hopefully provide some clarity for my suggested approach.

Thanks,

Lucas

Reply Children
No Data