Task assignment email suppression

Customers are getting Task assignment email even though we have following setup in custom.properties file :

server.conf.notifications.process_new_task_me_timing=never
server.conf.notifications.process_new_task_others_timing=never
server.conf.notifications.process_new_task_unassigned_timing=never

Can someone please advise on what else we have to setup to suppress these automatically generated email.

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • As noted in the documentation ( docs.appian.com/.../Configuring_Notifications.html ), these properties can be used to configure the default notification settings. However, individual users are still free to use settings other than the default.

For users that are receiving the alerts, please ask them to go to /apps , then click "Alerts" (in the upper right-hand corner), then "Edit My Alert Settings" and check what they have set for their notification preferences. ("New task assigned to me" can be found under the "Process" category in the alert settings menu).

Additionally, please note that in more recent releases of Appian (you mentioned that you're using Appian 7.10), it is possible to configure task notifications on a per-task basis. So, if you don't want any users to receive notifications for certain tasks, you can simply uncheck the corresponding checkbox on the task node in the process modeler. https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.3/Appian_Release_Notes.html

• As noted in the documentation ( docs.appian.com/.../Configuring_Notifications.html ), these properties can be used to configure the default notification settings. However, individual users are still free to use settings other than the default.

For users that are receiving the alerts, please ask them to go to /apps , then click "Alerts" (in the upper right-hand corner), then "Edit My Alert Settings" and check what they have set for their notification preferences. ("New task assigned to me" can be found under the "Process" category in the alert settings menu).

Additionally, please note that in more recent releases of Appian (you mentioned that you're using Appian 7.10), it is possible to configure task notifications on a per-task basis. So, if you don't want any users to receive notifications for certain tasks, you can simply uncheck the corresponding checkbox on the task node in the process modeler. https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.3/Appian_Release_Notes.html

Children
No Data