User filter in Record from a different table

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,
I have created a record for "Students".  It's an entity-backed record.  In the record type, I have chosen "students" as data store entity.  In the record
list view, I have used 'grid' list style and displayed the student skill which I have stored in another table "student skills". I have used the "Student Id" (Primary Key)
in the "students" table as the foreign key in "student skills" table to retrieve the data.  I am trying to create a user filter to search the "Students"
record based on "student skills".  Is it possible to create this user filter?  Can anyone suggest me how to achieve this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Since you have used Students as the entity, even with the FK reference to "Student Skills", Appian cannot filter based on your other entity: "Student Skills". The best way to achieve this functionality to filter on Student Skills would be to create a view that joins Students and Student Skills, create your CDT based on the view, and use the new view as your entity. Then you would be able to filter on Student Skills.
  • Since you have used Students as the entity, even with the FK reference to "Student Skills", Appian cannot filter based on your other entity: "Student Skills". The best way to achieve this functionality to filter on Student Skills would be to create a view that joins Students and Student Skills, create your CDT based on the view, and use the new view as your entity. Then you would be able to filter on Student Skills.
Children
No Data