jboss not starting ...

I've installed Appian 16.2 and deplyed config. I can start the engines and search server and see no faults via checkengine.

However when I try to start the JBOSS server I'm seeing an exception in the server.log. I'm guessing I've missed, or mis typed some config but would appreciate some help as to what I've missed :

14:36:47,844 INFO  [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 437) 2017-06-30 14:36:47,817 [ServerService Thread Pool -- 437] FATAL com.appiancorp.common.web.StartupHaltingServletContextListener - Halting JVM startup: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'springCacheManager' defined in class com.appiancorp.cache.spring.CacheSpringConfig: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [com.appiancorp.cache.CacheManager]: : Error creating bean with name 'cacheManager' defined in com.appiancorp.common.spring.BootstrapSpringConfig: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.appiancorp.cache.CacheManager]: Factory method 'cacheManager' threw exception; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [WEB-INF/conf/cache/cache-config.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'cacheManager' defined in com.appiancorp.common.spring.BootstrapSpringConfig: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.appiancorp.cache.CacheManager]: Factory method 'cacheManager' threw exception; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [WEB-INF/conf/cache/cache-config.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• The exception is pretty clear: "java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [WEB-INF/conf/cache/cache-config.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist".

In my local 6.3 installation I have this file at <APPIAN_HOME>\ear\suite.ear\web.war\WEB-INF\conf\cache\cache-config.xml

I don't remember it was a part of configuration process, so it most probably should exist after you install local appian.
  • Try to put it , by creating from scratch cache-config.xml:

<cache-configs>
    <cache-config key="" config="appian/cache/jcs-default-config.ccf" />

<!-- Caches scale by the shape of the key -->

<!-- scale by count of users -->

<!-- Username to Credentials -->
    <cache-config key="groupMemberships" config="appian/cache/jcs-groupMembershipCache-config.ccf" distributed="true" />
    <!-- Username and type of favorite to list of favorites -->
    <cache-config key="favoritesCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-favoritesCache-config.ccf" />
    <!-- Username and Size to Thumbnail ID -->
    <cache-config key="userThumbnails" config="appian/cache/jcs-userThumbnailsCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>
    <!-- Username to Image ID -->
    <cache-config key="userPhotos" config="appian/cache/jcs-userPhotosCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>
    <!-- UserPreferences stores each user's local, time zone and calendar -->
    <cache-config key="userPreferences" config="appian/cache/jcs-userPreferences-config.ccf" distributed="true" />
    <!-- Maps (document id based on user, document version, width, height) to cached thumbnail image -->
    <cache-config key="thumbnails" config="appian/cache/jcs-thumbnailCache-config.ccf" />
    <!-- Document Thumbnailable cache, used in news feed to determine if a document may be rendered as a thumbnail -->
    <cache-config key="documentsThumbnailable" config="appian/cache/jcs-default-config.ccf"/>
    <!-- RecordUiBuilder provides framework object for generating record user interfaces; scale by number of users -->
    <cache-config key="recordUiBuilder" config="appian/cache/jcs-recordUiBuilder.ccf" />
    <!-- Stateful SAIL cache, one user looking at one form at a time on average -->
    <cache-config key="uiState" class="com.appiancorp.cache.sail.StatefulSailCacheImpl" config="appian/cache/jcs-uiState-config.ccf" />
    <!-- Partial rendering cache, one user looking at one form at a time on average -->
    <cache-config key="partialRenderCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-partialRenderCache-config.ccf" />
    <!-- Images cache for SAIL -->
    <cache-config key="opaqueSystemIdCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-opaqueSystemIdCache-config.ccf" distributed="true" />
    <!-- Images cache for SAIL -->
    <cache-config key="opaqueSystemCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-opaqueSystemCache-config.ccf" distributed="true" />
    <!-- Safe URI to boolean of whether or not the safe URI is valid -->
    <cache-config key="safeUriCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-safeUriCache-config.ccf" />
    <!-- SAIL Cache function -->
    <cache-config key="sailCacheFunction" config="appian/cache/jcs-sailCacheFunction-config.ccf" />
    <!-- Decision UUID to Decision Object by Version Cache -->
    <cache-config key="decisionCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-decisionCache-config.ccf" />

<!-- scale by count of groups -->

<!-- Group id to Group Name -->
    <cache-config key="groupNames" config="appian/cache/jcs-groupNameCache-config.ccf" />

<!-- scale by separate web services -->

<!-- WSDL; scale by count of separate web services -->
    <cache-config key="webservices.wsdlCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-wsdlCache-config.ccf" />
    <!-- WebService invoker; scale by count of users invoking web services combined with the web service -->
    <cache-config key="webservices.wsInvokerCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-wsInvokerCache-config.ccf" />

<!-- Located in TypeServiceJavaImpl -->

<!-- Map of internal type id to Datatype -->
    <cache-config key="types.datatype" config="appian/cache/jcs-datatypeCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>
    <!-- Map of QName to Datatype -->
    <cache-config key="types.datatypeByQName" config="appian/cache/jcs-datatypeCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>
    <!-- Map of internal type id to Datatype Instance Properties -->
    <cache-config key="types.datatypeInstanceProperties" config="appian/cache/jcs-datatypeCache-config.ccf" distributed="true" />
    <!-- Map of external type id to internal type id -->
    <cache-config key="types.externalId" config="appian/cache/jcs-datatypeExternalIdCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>
    <!-- Map of internal type id to DatatypeProperties -->
    <cache-config key="types.datatypeProperties" config="appian/cache/jcs-datatypeCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>
    <!-- Map of QName to the datatype id for the latest version with that QName, whether active or deactivated. -->
    <cache-config key="types.lastVersion" config="appian/cache/jcs-datatypeLastVersionCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>
    <!-- Map of datatype id to the latest version datatype with the same original QName, whether active or deactivated. -->
    <cache-config key="types.lastVersionById" config="appian/cache/jcs-datatypeLastVersionByIdCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>

<!-- Located in core.Type -->

<!-- Map of type id to non-system core Types-->
    <cache-config key="types.core.nonSystemTypes" config="appian/cache/jcs-datatypeCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>

<!-- Located in DatatypeModelRepositoryImpl -->

<!-- Map of Set of type ids to EPackage -->
    <cache-config key="types.datatypeEcore" config="appian/cache/jcs-datatypeEcoreCache-config.ccf"/>
    <!-- Map of internal type id to cache keys -->
    <cache-config key="types.datatypeEcoreIds" config="appian/cache/jcs-datatypeEcoreIdsCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>

<!-- scale by active application rules -->

<!-- This cache stores all rules (e.g., expression rules, interface rules, and query rules) and constants; scale by count of rules. -->
    <cache-config key="local_repository" config="appian/cache/jcs-local-repository.ccf" distributed="true"/>

<!-- scale tiny -->

<!-- Map of RecordType Source UUID to Key Type -->
    <cache-config key="recordKeyTypeBySourceUuid" config="appian/cache/jcs-recordKeyTypeBySourceUuidCache-config.ccf" distributed="true" />
    <!-- Map of RecordType UUID to ID -->
    <cache-config key="recordTypeIdByUuid" config="appian/cache/jcs-recordTypeIdByUuidCache-config.ccf" distributed="true" />
    <!-- Map of system Content UUID to ID -->
    <cache-config key="idByUuid" config="appian/cache/jcs-idByUuidCache-config.ccf" />
    <!-- Only one entry, the site locale settings -->
    <cache-config key="i18n" config="appian/cache/jcs-i18n-config.ccf" />
    <!-- Only one entry, "preferencesObject" -->
    <cache-config key="applications" config="appian/cache/jcs-applications-config.ccf" />
    <!-- Only one entry, map of <String username, Integer messageCount> -->
    <cache-config key="forumsMessageCounts" config="appian/cache/jcs-forums-config.ccf" />
    <!-- Stores just sitewide time zone settings and calendar settings (just two entries) -->
    <cache-config key="globalization" config="appian/cache/jcs-globalization-config.ccf" distributed="true" />
    <!-- Admin Console -->
    <cache-config key="administeredConfiguration" config="appian/cache/jcs-administration-config.ccf" distributed="true" />
    <!-- Certificates -->
    <cache-config key="certificate.cache" config="appian/cache/jcs-certificateCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>

<cache-config key="partialEvalCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-partialEvalCache-config.ccf" />

<!-- Sites Caching -->
    <cache-config key="sitesTemplateCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-sitesTemplateCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>

<!-- DataSource Caching -->
    <cache-config key="dataSourceCache" config="appian/cache/jcs-dataSourceCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>

<!-- Design Object Locking Caching -->
    <cache-config key="designObjectLocking" config="appian/cache/jcs-designObjectLockCache-config.ccf" distributed="true"/>
    </cache-configs>
  • yep it was the first thing that I checked. The file is definitely there.
  • are you suggesting I replace the existing file with the above ?
  • Try run again the configure script and deploy the appian to both. Maybe you did some modification after you deployed it.