NFC and Google beacon

Hi everyone. Firstly I'm new around here and am currently evaluating the platform. Previously I've developed in alpha anywhere but am looking to make a change.

So my main questions are around what possible as far as apps and API integrations. My system has a need to be able to ready the id of an NFC tag to a field that would then have the form look up and fetch a record linked to that tag.

I'm looking at trialing a similar idea using Google beacons.

So is it possible with Appian.

Thanks

Roland

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You'll need some external application to handle the NFC portion, but what you're proposing is doable. I think there are a few ways to go about it, depending on your specifics, so here's one: build a native mobile app that will handle reading the NFC tag, it'll then send the tag to an Appian Web API, and then it'll use the Appian response to show an embedded interface with the record. You could start with just generating a link to the Appian record and having the user click on it, and then implement the embedded interface.
  • You'll need some external application to handle the NFC portion, but what you're proposing is doable. I think there are a few ways to go about it, depending on your specifics, so here's one: build a native mobile app that will handle reading the NFC tag, it'll then send the tag to an Appian Web API, and then it'll use the Appian response to show an embedded interface with the record. You could start with just generating a link to the Appian record and having the user click on it, and then implement the embedded interface.
Children
No Data