Does any of the "Deployment Automation Manager" tools make use of "export.log" file for versioning, package building or deployment to happen successfully?

I don't want to store the "export.log" file, which is created when patch of objects is taken from Appian application and comes packed in the export patch ZIP file, in local repository(Git) as well as in remote repository(BitBucket) because BitBucket do not recommend to store the log files.

I would like to know the impact, if I store the application objects of export patch ignoring the "export.log" file in local repository and remote repository.

Does any of the "Deployment Automation Manager" tools make use of "export.log" file for versioning, package building or deployment to happen successfully?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • "export.log" file nothing to do with version or deployment. "export.log" actually tells you what rules are exported successfully and what rules are not exported with their UUIDs and names.

Suppose if the user is trying export 10 rules but only 8 rules are exported. You never know that patch is having 10 or 8 rules and what rules are exported successfully and what rules are not unless and until opening your log file.

Anyway, whoever is exporting a patch they should make sure that all rules are exported successfully.

Some times keeping a log file is a good idea but sometimes not in this specific case.

Finally, it's your call.
  • Thanks for your reply.

I am interested in knowing, does the any of "Deployment Automation Manager" tools make use of "export.log" file for versioning, building or deployment to happen successfully?

I will edit my question to above one.
Reply Children