Using Custom Filter in Record such as filtering on the basis of "Start Date" and "End Date"??

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to make a custom filter which will take an input as "Start Date" & "End Date" and based upon the values the records list will be filtered. Can we do this in Appian? If yes, then please let me know.

Thanks In Advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Inder

AFAIK we cannot filter the records withing a specified date range.

There is an approach which I can think of wrt sites,

This can be achieved by creating a grid based using the queryrecord() function which takes in the "Record Type" and well as the
    "Query", once the grid has been created then the filters can be added according to the requirement on the SAIL and the value can be filtered thorough the query which is being sent to the queryrecord() as the second parameter

This interface can in turn be saved as a report and exposed as a site page, if required

The catch with this is, if there are any user filters on the record type the same needs to be put on the SAIL in the form of dropdowns, radio buttons or so

Please do get back in case any help is needed on this

Regards,
    Shashank

• Hi Inder

AFAIK we cannot filter the records withing a specified date range.

There is an approach which I can think of wrt sites,

This can be achieved by creating a grid based using the queryrecord() function which takes in the "Record Type" and well as the
    "Query", once the grid has been created then the filters can be added according to the requirement on the SAIL and the value can be filtered thorough the query which is being sent to the queryrecord() as the second parameter

This interface can in turn be saved as a report and exposed as a site page, if required

The catch with this is, if there are any user filters on the record type the same needs to be put on the SAIL in the form of dropdowns, radio buttons or so

Please do get back in case any help is needed on this

Regards,
    Shashank

Children
No Data