Password Reset for Basic User

Hi All,

While trying to reset the password for the basic user we are getting the alert message as below:

"We recently received a request to reset your password. However, it is not currently possible to reset your password because your credentials are maintained by another system. You should contact your site administrator if you need to reset your password or if you did not expect this email."

When we create the user that time it is working fine however after sometimes it is throwing error during login time as "Username and Password does not matched."

Thanks!!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I got the same issue , as i have created basic user in appian and i reset the password , i got the temporary password when i try to login i got the error as The username/password entered is invalid. Usernames and passwords are case sensitive but i am giving proper username and password,. Can anyone help me ?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sonamg0001

Unless you have SAML or LDAP configured in your environment, your problem probably isn't the same as what the initial issue posted here was.

Double check to make sure you are using the correct username and password. The error displayed to the end user is going to be generic as to not give away user or password information for someone trying to access someone else's account. For more details you would need to check the logs to see if what is being recorded when your authentication failed. It could be something simple like a copy/paste error with an extra blank space on the temporary password.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sonamg0001

Unless you have SAML or LDAP configured in your environment, your problem probably isn't the same as what the initial issue posted here was.

Double check to make sure you are using the correct username and password. The error displayed to the end user is going to be generic as to not give away user or password information for someone trying to access someone else's account. For more details you would need to check the logs to see if what is being recorded when your authentication failed. It could be something simple like a copy/paste error with an extra blank space on the temporary password.

Children
No Data