Displaying the instructions in red color

Hi guys,

I have requirement to display the instructions of a dropdown field in red color if the user selects some options in the dropdown. I recognized that in 17.2 by using rich text field we have an option with the style property as negative. But we are on 17.1. Is there any way to implement the same on 17.1?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello!

I think it's better to stick to Appian style, using instructions. In this case all Appian applications will provide similar user experience.

If you're trying to use validations for red color instructions it is harder to implement and to maintain. They also will mix with the actual validation messages confusing users.

Appian should look alike on many devices and you need to think twice before trying to workaround its UI limitations.
  • Hello!

I think it's better to stick to Appian style, using instructions. In this case all Appian applications will provide similar user experience.

If you're trying to use validations for red color instructions it is harder to implement and to maintain. They also will mix with the actual validation messages confusing users.

Appian should look alike on many devices and you need to think twice before trying to workaround its UI limitations.
Children
No Data