Data getting trimmed in gridField

Hi,

I have some data in my DB which contains spaces in between, but when I am trying to display same data using a!gridTextColumn that data is getting trimmed.

For e.g. I have data as "abc   ***   89" in DB but when I am displaying on form it is getting displayed as "abc *** 89"

I am not using trim function anywhere while displaying data.

Any suggestions to handle the above scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Trunal Jain (TJ)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    HI as per my understanding, this is not something which is getting cause due to Appian or it's versions, in fact the Web Browsers
    plays a major role in these cases, and Appian has nothing to do with this.

Usually Web Browsers replaces multiple spaces with the single one. For best example: If you have MySQL Cloud DB Access through Web Browser, try inserting/updating a row having multiple spaces as it's value, let's assume "a b" when you save the data, you will find the browser shows only once space between a & b i.e. "a b" (which is not the actual data), but when you edit the same data through SQL Browser / fetch the same using Appian, you are going to see the actual data (including multiple spaces).

However did you try executing Query Entity directly(without interface), is that returning multiple white-spaces? If yes, can you try printing your datasubset as label or instructions of the form.

However i recommend, you can try to have validations (if applicable) to avoid these possibilities of capturing & storing white-spaces.
    Certified Lead Developer
    HI as per my understanding, this is not something which is getting cause due to Appian or it's versions, in fact the Web Browsers
    plays a major role in these cases, and Appian has nothing to do with this.

Usually Web Browsers replaces multiple spaces with the single one. For best example: If you have MySQL Cloud DB Access through Web Browser, try inserting/updating a row having multiple spaces as it's value, let's assume "a b" when you save the data, you will find the browser shows only once space between a & b i.e. "a b" (which is not the actual data), but when you edit the same data through SQL Browser / fetch the same using Appian, you are going to see the actual data (including multiple spaces).

However did you try executing Query Entity directly(without interface), is that returning multiple white-spaces? If yes, can you try printing your datasubset as label or instructions of the form.

However i recommend, you can try to have validations (if applicable) to avoid these possibilities of capturing & storing white-spaces.
Children
No Data