We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

I have requirement to read an excel sheet and validate the parsed fields.

I have requirement to read an excel sheet and validate the parsed fields.

In that i need to validate a field whether it is a number or not. i did not find anything regarding this check with an expression (ie with expression editor / existing functions)

Also i need to check if the an emailaddress is valid or not. Plz let me know if anybody can help....

OriginalPostID-78813

OriginalPostID-78813

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Sarat, the expression typeof() will tell you the Appian datatype but if you are parsing excel, I believe you will need to determine the type of the elements of each column beforehand. Please see the relevant shared component for more information on this.

You can write your own Appian expression to validate email addresses using a combination of Appian's useful Text Functions.
  • Sarat, the expression typeof() will tell you the Appian datatype but if you are parsing excel, I believe you will need to determine the type of the elements of each column beforehand. Please see the relevant shared component for more information on this.

You can write your own Appian expression to validate email addresses using a combination of Appian's useful Text Functions.
Children
No Data