Sort read only fields of an editable grid

Hi,

I have an editable grid with 5 read only fields and one editable fields . I need to sort the readonly fields . I use 

a!gridLayout(

)

Can i add the pagingInfo inside the "with" ? 

is it possible to have a sortable editable grid ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

@Ramanan As per my understanding, in this case you should avoid Custom Sorting for your Editable Grid.

Reason:

As per your statement, your editable grid contains 5 read-only field along with 1 editable field means when you perform sorting, you will loose your input data of the editable field or you can expect some data mismatch (in case, if you are trying to retain the input value using some manipulation logic)

When to go for Editable Grid with Sorting

When you have a requirement of representing the data in a Grid(read-only) and also want to make the use of rich text display field(this cannot be used while working with paging grid), in such case you need to go for editable grid (read-only). In this case you want to sort the row by using either an icon or a drop-down/drop-downs.

Hope this will help.

Certified Lead Developer

@Ramanan As per my understanding, in this case you should avoid Custom Sorting for your Editable Grid.

Reason:

As per your statement, your editable grid contains 5 read-only field along with 1 editable field means when you perform sorting, you will loose your input data of the editable field or you can expect some data mismatch (in case, if you are trying to retain the input value using some manipulation logic)

When to go for Editable Grid with Sorting

When you have a requirement of representing the data in a Grid(read-only) and also want to make the use of rich text display field(this cannot be used while working with paging grid), in such case you need to go for editable grid (read-only). In this case you want to sort the row by using either an icon or a drop-down/drop-downs.

Hope this will help.

Children
No Data