Error saving to variable in load

I have a variable in a SAIL form that needs to be updated whenever a row is selected in a grid (call this local!dataSelected_name).  This then needs to be passed into another SAIL form where the user can alter the value and save it.

The issue I have is that an error is thrown saying the variable must be a load variable, but it needs to be updated when a user takes an action on the form (so I created it as a with variable).

Any ideas?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The things to understand is that if a user needs to update a variable that variable has to be a load variable which ensures that the values saved is not changed by reinitialise due to reevaluation of a form which happens in case of with variables. So if we want to use a variable in saveInto these variables should be defined in load (we use saveInto to make sure we set variable to a value implicitly). In your case you will have to change the way you initialise the values and use saveInto in grid to explicitly set the values
  • The things to understand is that if a user needs to update a variable that variable has to be a load variable which ensures that the values saved is not changed by reinitialise due to reevaluation of a form which happens in case of with variables. So if we want to use a variable in saveInto these variables should be defined in load (we use saveInto to make sure we set variable to a value implicitly). In your case you will have to change the way you initialise the values and use saveInto in grid to explicitly set the values
Children
No Data