How to add an action to the already published application?

Hi ,

I wanted to create some new actions to the already published application in dev and want to move the new code to prod?

What is the best approach for this. I don't want to deploy all the objects again ,instead I have to add only those new actions to the existing application without having an impact to already working ones.

Thank

Soujanya

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Soujanya B,

Appian recommends to have an Application named <APP-NAME> Application Navigation which should contain all the Actions for your application. As you were mentioning that you want to move your new code to Prod, I believe there is already one such App in place.

You can add your new actions to that Application, take an Export of this and deploy the same in the environment you wish to.

Or simply take a patch of those newly created objects and deploy the same.

Thank you,
    Arun
  • Hi Soujanya B,

Appian recommends to have an Application named <APP-NAME> Application Navigation which should contain all the Actions for your application. As you were mentioning that you want to move your new code to Prod, I believe there is already one such App in place.

You can add your new actions to that Application, take an Export of this and deploy the same in the environment you wish to.

Or simply take a patch of those newly created objects and deploy the same.

Thank you,
    Arun
Children