Reading the Data in a word or PDF

Hi All,

we have a scenario like we have to decide which flow should execute based on the data present in the Word document or PDF document.

So my question would be can we read the data present in a word or PDF doc and get the data into a PV.

TIA

Harsha :)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Harsha,

I do not believe that this is a current available feature for our product. We can log it as a product use case, so that we can work on making that feature available in future releases. To proceed, please provide us a specific business case where you think that the feature you described would be helpful for your operations.

Thanks!
  • Thanks for the response Yonas, I feel that in many of the places reading of the word and PDF docs and identifying the data in it and taking the decision is my current scenario and which I am actually looking for any cshared components to do it in Appian.

Also can you please tell me can Appian be the best fit for doing this scenario,

1. External system sends the ZIP file into a location
    2. ZIP might contain many docs related to Case A,Case B and Case C
    3. UnZIP the file and read the Word or PDF or XML docs to identify it belongs to Case A
    4.---How to idenfity is the question?---- XML I can but PDF and Word I have to think what carlos said in his below comment----
    5.Run a process to create a case A (a process explicitly related to case A).
    6. Continue the steps.

Please let me know if Appian is the best fit.
  • Thanks for the response Yonas, I feel that in many of the places reading of the word and PDF docs and identifying the data in it and taking the decision is my current scenario and which I am actually looking for any cshared components to do it in Appian.

Also can you please tell me can Appian be the best fit for doing this scenario,

1. External system sends the ZIP file into a location
    2. ZIP might contain many docs related to Case A,Case B and Case C
    3. UnZIP the file and read the Word or PDF or XML docs to identify it belongs to Case A
    4.---How to idenfity is the question?---- XML I can but PDF and Word I have to think what carlos said in his below comment----
    5.Run a process to create a case A (a process explicitly related to case A).
    6. Continue the steps.

Please let me know if Appian is the best fit.
Children