"You have reached maximum allowed number of concurrent sessions "

One of our users keep on getting this message when she tries to log in to Appian 

We tried the following 

- Close all windows and open new chrome window 

- Restarted the machine.

somehow system keeps throwing this message. Can you please suggest any additional steps to release this session 

Is there any way I can pick the unused session and kill it. I didn't find an option in the admin console. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Another Thought I had:

If your platform is a multiple node instance, then it is possible to log in to one node. Exit your internet browser. Go to your environment, but be routed to a different node. Now you have two concurrent sessions on two nodes, but without editing your cookies (to directly hit the node you want), you can not access the first node to log off. Rinse, repeat, and if you're unlucky, you'll be connected to a third different node.

Best way to mitigate a multiple node logins resulting in max concurrent sessions is to have a low idle timeout session. In this way, any node you are still logged into, will timeout in a reasonable time, allowing a new login. You could also consider having your concurrent sessions = to the number of nodes for you system.
  • Another Thought I had:

If your platform is a multiple node instance, then it is possible to log in to one node. Exit your internet browser. Go to your environment, but be routed to a different node. Now you have two concurrent sessions on two nodes, but without editing your cookies (to directly hit the node you want), you can not access the first node to log off. Rinse, repeat, and if you're unlucky, you'll be connected to a third different node.

Best way to mitigate a multiple node logins resulting in max concurrent sessions is to have a low idle timeout session. In this way, any node you are still logged into, will timeout in a reasonable time, allowing a new login. You could also consider having your concurrent sessions = to the number of nodes for you system.
Children
No Data