Export CDT to Excel Smart Service

Hi,

I am using the 'Export CDT To Excel' smart service to export report data to excel. There are multiple tabs in my template/output document which gets generated. I have a requirement to update my column header in second tab from tab1 cell (cell gets updated by smart service).  I am just referring cell value in another tab header using excel formula 'firsttabname'!cell.

The header is not getting updated with cell value. Is this smart service support this? any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi all,

Thanks for the insight Josh - we deployed a more recent version of the plugin and reconfigured our process to use the Export CDT smart service. The release notes for version 1.8.3 says:

*New in version 1.8.3 - 20mar17 Changes to the Export CDT to Excel Smart Service ONLY: - Trigger a reevaluation of all formulas in the workbook after writing all data - Note: Review the APACHE POI docs to view which Excel functions are supported for reevaluation and which functions are not supported - Preserve column styling set on the Excel template for integer, decimal, and text datatypes.

My question: is there a parameter/trigger/checkbox that needs to be set in order to trigger the reevaluation of all formulas? We are still facing the same issue in the Excel. Let me know if we still need to custom modify it per your answer below.

Thanks
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to jaker
    Ha - I am the author of version 1.8.3. I downloaded the most recent version of the plugin, and at first glance, it appears my contribution to force a re-evaluation of formula cells has since been removed. Unfortunately, the current app market does not let you select a previous version of a plugin or provide a way to determine if a newer version removes a previous version's contributions. :/
  • Could I use your code above to modify the plugin manually? Would this be information Appian support would be able to provide?
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to jaker
    I can't find my version of the plugin source - perhaps support can retrieve it for you. The method is pretty straightforward: XSSFFormulaEvaluator.evaluateAllFormulaCells(workbook) or HSSFFormulaEvaluator.evaluateAllFormulaCells(workbook) depending on if you are working with XSSF or HSSF workbooks.
Reply Children
No Data