any way to block access to Tempo?

Hi,

If we are using sites and don't want the user to be able to access tempo (assuming they know the URL), is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Gary

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I had a thought... I'm not a website manager, so I don't know exactly how feasible this may be, or if it would work with Appian Cloud.

But I was thinking about a project I was on. During Appian Deployments, we would set up a maintenance page to redirect end-users and mitigate system usage during deployment. Appian was still up, but anyone hitting suite/temp received a simple "Site is under scheduled maintenance, please come back later".

So this got me thinking, why not just do that, except permanent? Instead of a site maintenance page, you could probably just redirect to the main Appian Site, or perhaps just a directory of the sites on your platform.

Again, I'm no website guru, and don't even know if this is feasible on cloud, but as many have reported, it's not possible to do this with Appian itself. You'll need some kind of 301 redirect or DNS forwarding, or something outside of Appian that will manage traffic for your sites. Here's a couple resources I found, which may provide more information and possible solutions.

AWS Redirect one Domain to another: aws.amazon.com/.../

301 Redirect: blog.hubspot.com/.../what-is-a-301-redirect-and-why-should-you-care.aspx
    Certified Lead Developer
    I had a thought... I'm not a website manager, so I don't know exactly how feasible this may be, or if it would work with Appian Cloud.

But I was thinking about a project I was on. During Appian Deployments, we would set up a maintenance page to redirect end-users and mitigate system usage during deployment. Appian was still up, but anyone hitting suite/temp received a simple "Site is under scheduled maintenance, please come back later".

So this got me thinking, why not just do that, except permanent? Instead of a site maintenance page, you could probably just redirect to the main Appian Site, or perhaps just a directory of the sites on your platform.

Again, I'm no website guru, and don't even know if this is feasible on cloud, but as many have reported, it's not possible to do this with Appian itself. You'll need some kind of 301 redirect or DNS forwarding, or something outside of Appian that will manage traffic for your sites. Here's a couple resources I found, which may provide more information and possible solutions.

AWS Redirect one Domain to another: aws.amazon.com/.../

301 Redirect: blog.hubspot.com/.../what-is-a-301-redirect-and-why-should-you-care.aspx
Children
No Data