Why Appian allows name duplicacy in Process Model

I am working on Appian 17.3 and I am aware that Appian does not allow users to create duplicate name Expression rules, interfaces , constants etc.

But why Appian allows  same name (Name duplicacy) for more than 1 Process Models.

• If we have more than 1 Process models having same name, it will cause inconsistency and complexity for developers while adding Existing Process Models in Applications.

I have created 2 Process Models having same name and Appian is allowing me to do it.

Any Suggestions Appreciated

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Prateek Bhati (prateekb) ,
    Its a good shout but I am not completely agree with you on complexity & inconsistency. We can have multiple Processes with same name for different reasons & Scenarios.
    I can say Related Action is the best example for this. In multiple records we can have related action with same name(It will take Process Model name as related action name).
    Anyways, In process model we have description field to mention the Purpose of the Process Model and you can also mention the different or unique Display name as well.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,
    Sandeep
  • Hi Prateek Bhati (prateekb) ,
    Its a good shout but I am not completely agree with you on complexity & inconsistency. We can have multiple Processes with same name for different reasons & Scenarios.
    I can say Related Action is the best example for this. In multiple records we can have related action with same name(It will take Process Model name as related action name).
    Anyways, In process model we have description field to mention the Purpose of the Process Model and you can also mention the different or unique Display name as well.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,
    Sandeep
Children
No Data