Monitor outgoing webservices REST/SOAP calls

Hi all, 

I have i requirement to trace all the outgoing webservice REST/SOAP calls made from the Appian plateforme. We use the integration object to make this calls. I check on the Appian logs and i didn't found any thing. 

Is there any way to log the outgoing REST/SOAP WS calls? 

Thanks and regards

Mohamed

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    It is my understanding that Integration objects get tracked in the expression_details.csv log. Checking one of my sites, I see my integration objects tracked there like:

Nov 2017 20:15:41 GMT,<integration_name>,Rule,20,296.0,183,474 20

Also, see docs.appian.com/.../Logging.html for more details on this log.

If that data is not enough for you, then I recommend engaging Appian Support to see if there are any logs that allow this, or if custom log4j settings can achieve your use case.
  • Hello Mohamed,

I am not sure why you want to log such kind of Information, i am not sure about your requirement, maybe security, or maybe debugging code, or testing connections.

Architecturally speaking the best component to do this kind of logging is an Enterprise Service Bus(ESB), which for sure will be able to log the inbound/outbound of every and each call(along with a bunch of more functionalities), when considering to log this much of information normally is done to debug some error, but shouldn’t be on too much time. Because logging too much information can result in a lot of consumed resources.

Coming back to appian options, in the appian_log4j.properties there is a variable called
    log4j.logger.com.appian.integration=DEBUG which normally is commented.
    I recommend you to take a look at the documentation:
    docs.appian.com/.../Connectors.html

Please, tell us about your use case, are you planning to use that information later? some one can have a good suggestion.

Best Regards
    Jose Perez