We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

Hi Team , I am opening a task from another user input task . My requ

Hi Team ,

I am opening a task from another user input task . My requirement is not to open the task in browser but only form window should appear , can you suggest?...

OriginalPostID-80709

OriginalPostID-80709

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• hi jasleenk, could you let me know what do you mean by form window?
  • Hi Sikhivahans , i meant that i dont want to open that from browser window , it should look like as when we debug and click on view form to open a task.

Let me know if it is not clear
  • @jasleenk, Yup.. I understood now, Sorry I haven't tried this. Will get back to you when I find solution.
  • @jasleenk,
    The toolbar which we are seeing on the browser window (when task link is clicked) is the one of the default properties of the window.(Refer http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_win_open.asp for default properties of the window) At this point, What I could say is, the window which we see when we click "View Form" might be customized by Appian in such a way that all the toolbar, address bar etc. are set to be invisible. But on click of the link, a new window will be opened which will have toolbar,address,location etc set to true by default. So what we need to do is, set all these properties of the window to false and this could be done by window.open() metod. Refer the above link for more info.
    The work around I have followed is : I have set the url value to null(like =""). And on mouse down event, I have written the following script:
    window.open("http://:/suite/process/getTaskDetails.simplepopup?appian_environment=tempo&taskId=","",'toolbar=0,location=0'); Now the window will be without any addressbar, toolbar etc. But my suggestion is, Try to achieve this modification of window properties with the url(built for task) if possible. I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.