Hi, I have a problem with cyrillic encoding (Macedonian, mk-MK) in paging

Hi,
I have a problem with cyrillic encoding (Macedonian, mk-MK) in paging grid control. I'm using Appian 7.0. Latin text is ok, the problem is only with cyrillic. Data grid is popolated from CDT, CDT is populated from multi text process variable and the variable is populated directly from process, I'm not using database. The problem with cyrillic is only with data from CDT inside paging grid control, Grid Name for example is ok. If I display the same data from CDT with ncolumntable, display is ok. I need paging grid because it is supported for mobile devices.
Can anyone help?...

OriginalPostID-80737

OriginalPostID-80737

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• If you take a look at this post forum.appian.com/.../6564 the behavior should be fixed on Appian 7.1 and above, you should consider upgrading to the latest version of the product and test.

In the meantime you can use the Text Utilities plug-in and the htmlencode() function that comes inside. This is available for download here on Forum Tempo - Records - Shared Components - Expression Functions forum.appian.com/.../all

Once you install the plug-in you can see an example with Chinese characters (but should still apply to yours) by importing this application forum.appian.com/.../102464

Import the application and notice how I added a script task "HTML-Encode the Reason Field" that uses this custom function and stores the encoded "Reason" field back to the original CDT. This encoded HTML values are displayed correctly in the Paging Grid.