Two questions about Records

1. Can I put a back button on an invidiual record after clicking a recordLink to go back to the Record Grid with all the records?

I have a grid Record Type that lets users see and filter for specific records, when they click on the record link to go to that specific record, I want a back button on the interface displaying the data to go back to the Record 

2. When I sort columns in a Record grid, can I make it so that it ignores null values? like if the values in the column are 1,2,3,4,5,null,null,null,null,null,null

I want to see it sorted these ways:

5,4,3,2,1,null,null,null,null,null,null

1,2,3,4,5,null,null,null,null,null,null

Not 

null,null,null,null,null,null,5,4,3,2,1

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Senior Developer

For your second issue, you should be able to repurpose this code to achieve your sort.

load(
      local!list:{1,null,2,null,3,null,4},
      local!ascend:true,
      local!sortedList:if(local!ascend,sort(local!list),reverse(sort(local!list))),
      local!listNoNulls:difference(local!sortedList,tointeger(null)),
      local!listOfNulls:local!sortedList[wherecontains(tointeger(null),local!sortedList)],
      {local!listNoNulls,local!listOfNulls}
    )

Just make sure to tie the local!ascend definition to your actual descend vs ascend logic.
    As for the first issue, short of instructing your users to right-click/open link in new tab, is there anyway you could put the record link within an a!safeLink()? This will at least open the record in a new window and keep the record list open

Certified Lead Developer

For the first issue, the Records interface already has built-in functionality to accomplish this via the breadcrumb links at the top -- just above the current record entry's title will be linked text saying "Records / [Your Record Type Name]", and by clicking on "[Your Record Type Name]" the user will be returned to the record listing. They can also press the browser's back button. There really isn't any need for yet another back button for this - and AFAIK it's not possible anyway.