recordLink() - Can I link to a record type instead of a specific record?

I want to be able to provide a link to go back from the individual record back to the record type. 

For example, 

Record Type: User picks which record they want to go to.

It displays all the information

Now, I want a back button at the bottom to go back to the first picture, the record type.

Can anyone help. Please.

Thank you.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hey Robert,

Is there a way to conditionally display a different "Title" on the site based on if the user is on the record list or an individual record?

I see that you can make the title an expression, so something like this pseudo.

if(onRecordList, "Tracker", "Back")

Therefore, if they arent on the record list, then the title will change to back. I'm just not sure what conditional can check for that.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Children
    Appian Employee
    in reply to joh4

Hi John

You can use static text or an expression for you Site Page Title.If you have deployed Appian Common Objects, I suppose you could try to use rule!APN_getSiteURL in some manner to identify when you're on a record vs the record list.
    Is this really a high priority?

Yes, a back button would be nice.  But, there's a perfectly workable solution out of the box, (to click on the tab again). 
    We just have to teach the users that.  They'll catch on quickly.
    I'll bet there are a number of outstanding features your users would truly benefit from, and that aren't otherwise available yet. 
    You might actually be doing your users a favor if you de-prioritize this altogether and shift your focus elsewhere.

I hope that helps.