Hi, Has anyone managed to catch the exceptions thrown by Appian and

Hi,

Has anyone managed to catch the exceptions thrown by Appian and handle the exception via the process model? I want to be able to show a generic screen to the user when an unhandled exception occured and send it to the relevant developers rather than let it bubble up through alerts.

Thanks,

Rully...

OriginalPostID-80813

OriginalPostID-80813

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Venkateshr,

Thanks for the links. I have seen some of the links that you provided. In general, most of the those information describe preventive actions as such the errors must be handled/resolved during development & testing stages. Although I don't disagree with the idea, I doubt that we could come across those errors and handle them 100%.

What I would like to do is basically inform the users in an informative and graceful manner that an error has occured (rather than going back to the dashboard page as if nothing happen) and then we can email the corresponding team to deal with the problem. At the moment, we can only do this for any errors coming from the web service by showing a custom error page and send the alert forwarding the fault text or custom error message sent back from the web service. If we can do the same for the other nodes then that we would have a consistent approach to deal with any process exceptions globaly within Appian.

Any suggestion/work around?
  • Hi Venkateshr,

Thanks for the links. I have seen some of the links that you provided. In general, most of the those information describe preventive actions as such the errors must be handled/resolved during development & testing stages. Although I don't disagree with the idea, I doubt that we could come across those errors and handle them 100%.

What I would like to do is basically inform the users in an informative and graceful manner that an error has occured (rather than going back to the dashboard page as if nothing happen) and then we can email the corresponding team to deal with the problem. At the moment, we can only do this for any errors coming from the web service by showing a custom error page and send the alert forwarding the fault text or custom error message sent back from the web service. If we can do the same for the other nodes then that we would have a consistent approach to deal with any process exceptions globaly within Appian.

Any suggestion/work around?
Children
No Data