Hi, Has anyone ever built a plug-in that allow us to populate the doc

Hi,

Has anyone ever built a plug-in that allow us to populate the document template (html, pdf, or doc) with process variables of type array and then able to generate/output multiple documents?

Regards,

Rully...

OriginalPostID-80857

OriginalPostID-80857

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This sounds like a tricky design problem. It is probably possible to guage whether your chaining will break if you can estimate how many documents will be generated, and if you feel the wait would end up being too long then have an alternative path laid out for the user to understand that their request will take longer than chaining would allow.

What would be a really useful tool would be if you had your document generation jobs run asyn to your user process and present a 'Please Wait' form for the user. In the 'Please Wait' form you'll need to write a script that can ping the document generating process to know if it has finished or not so it can proceed to a kind of Review Results form. I haven't implemented such a design myself, but its one I'm keenly interested it.
  • This sounds like a tricky design problem. It is probably possible to guage whether your chaining will break if you can estimate how many documents will be generated, and if you feel the wait would end up being too long then have an alternative path laid out for the user to understand that their request will take longer than chaining would allow.

What would be a really useful tool would be if you had your document generation jobs run asyn to your user process and present a 'Please Wait' form for the user. In the 'Please Wait' form you'll need to write a script that can ping the document generating process to know if it has finished or not so it can proceed to a kind of Review Results form. I haven't implemented such a design myself, but its one I'm keenly interested it.
Children
No Data