Best tool to automate Appian - Selenium or Fitnesse?

Hi All,

I need to work on automating Regression Test Cases for Appian Applications in my project.I am new to Fitnesse and have knowldege in Selenium.I need to prepare a POC - suggesting the tool.

I would like to know

1. Which is best - Selenium / Fitnesse?

2. Does Fitnesse require Appian Knowledge?

3. In which language test cases needs to be automated in Fitnesse?

4. Can anyone please provide any Website/URL having step by step procedure to create a test case and executing it?

5. Is Fitnesse capable of automating all the forms of Appian Applications? Does it have any limitations/Challenges?

5. How about using HP UFT for automating Appian Applications?

Thank In Advance!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi as per my understanding, here are the answers for your questions:

1. When comparing selenium with fitnesse, it's obvious that, selenium is having the larger scope, because it can integrate with various external systems. But at the same time, if our requirement is to automate the appian workflow, then I would suggest you to go for fitnesse as it's Appian's own testing tool. And Hence it all depends on your use case scenario, and we can't say which one is good and which one isn't.

2. Yes, fitnesse requires a bit Appian knowledge, if you don't have a developer support, because sometime you will have the requirement to invoke a web API, here you need to have understanding about how to configure and invoke this service.

3. Fitnesse uses script (mark-up) which is pretty easy and understandable

4. You need to refer to Appian documentation, download fitnesse and explore cheatsheet where you can find all the syntaxes

5. Yes, fitnesse is capable of automating all the forms of Appian . Limitation: It's difficult to communicate to various external systems directly through fitnesse and you might face difficulties while operating over multiple checkboxes in grid.

6. I would recommend you to go for fitnesse instead of HP UFT as Appian also suggests the same and it's their own product so you can have better flexibility and you can operate over all the types of forms. And you will have better support (via community, or Appian product team) in case you find some difficulties

Hope this will help you.
Reply Children
No Data