Capture the File path present in Local Machine

Hi All,

I have scenario like I need to capture the file path of the document (Only the path or both). and save it in my Process variables.

Is there a way to capture the file path of the document present in the local machine.

TIA :)

Harsha

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Harsha,

If I understand correctly, perhaps you are looking very similar to the file listener concepts from Java. i.e., watch a specific directory from the ftp server and if file persists then use the file location or file content for some business benefit. If this is the case , we don't have file listener concept OOTB in Appian. However your requirement sounds different and is not something close to this as you are looking at user local machine directory instead some server standard directory. This means you are wishing Appian to search the client machine directories (where ever user logs in) and find the file. As per me it is not possible to do in Appian and I am afraid we may not achieve this particular requirement at the moment.

Thanks

• Hi Harsha,

If I understand correctly, perhaps you are looking very similar to the file listener concepts from Java. i.e., watch a specific directory from the ftp server and if file persists then use the file location or file content for some business benefit. If this is the case , we don't have file listener concept OOTB in Appian. However your requirement sounds different and is not something close to this as you are looking at user local machine directory instead some server standard directory. This means you are wishing Appian to search the client machine directories (where ever user logs in) and find the file. As per me it is not possible to do in Appian and I am afraid we may not achieve this particular requirement at the moment.

Thanks

Children